School Uniform Policy 2018-19
To help create an environment conducive to learning, students are required to wear official school uniform with the school logo at all times. Students’ dress and appearance, along with conduct, have a definite influence on class discipline and achievement. This policy is designed to permit students to focus their attentions on academics and on those aspects of their personalities that are truly important.
- who choose to wear a sweater or vest in addition to the school logo polo shirt will be required to wear the official school logo sweater or vest.
- are to present a neat appearance and clothing may not have holes or tears. All uniform items should be an appropriate size for the individual. Skirts for girls should be no higher than one inch above the knee.
- are not permitted to wear hats inside the building. Girls’ hair accessories should match the color scheme of the school logo – greens, yellows, white, and/or beige.
- are not permitted to wear open-toed shoes, heels, mules, or crocs. No wheels or flashing lights on shoes are allowed.
- may wear Shelton turtlenecks, white undershirts and sweaters as the appropriate uniform attire for the cold. Girls may wear white leggings or tights/stockings underneath their uniforms and socks in colder weather.
Dress Code for Physical Education Days
Physical education is an integral part of our school program. Students shall come to school dressed in their P.E. uniform on the days that they have the class scheduled. The dress code includes a Shelton logo shirt, Shelton logo green shorts or pants, and Shelton logo white socks. Shelton logo P.E. jackets are also available. Sneakers are to be worn only for P.E. and only on the scheduled day. Sneakers must be all-white with no color at all. No colored stripes, shoelaces, etc. are permitted. For young children, sneakers with Velcro closure are preferable.
Dress Code for Swimming (K-5)
Swimming is an integral part of our physical education program for Kindergraten - 5th grades. Students should bring personal toiletries and will change back into school uniform after swimming. All items must be labeled with the student’s name.
The attire includes:
- Mandatory WHITE Coolibar Rashguard for K-1st grades and optional for 2nd-5th grades
- BLACK one-piece bathing suit for girls
- BLACK Speedo jammers for boys
- Silicone Shelton swim cap (bought at school)
- All-white or Shelton’s official towel (bought at school)
- Closed-toe water shoes such as Crocs
For Purchase: Gama Uniforms is located at 3403 NW 82 Ave., Suite 101E in Doral. Their contact number is 305-877-3016. Uniforms and corresponding accessories may be purchased online at this link.